Monday, July 14, 2014

Magic Moments

So last week was anything but normal... I wrote my last post just wanting and waiting to see a certain fellow, and the next day I did! I took one of my new friends to that favorite country bar of mine...and there he was. Backwards baseball hat and all...damn, did he look good. As soon as I saw him, I made a beeline for the bathroom of course. Was I ready to see him? I hadn't talked to him in over a week besides that one text. What was I going to say? Should I say anything? Do anything? Would he say or do anything ? I felt so sick to my stomach I wanted to slink right out the back door of the bar. But I didn't. I walked straight up to the bar beside him and ordered a beer. He looked over and smiled, gave me a hug and asked how I'd been.  Really? How have I been? Besides confused, frustrated, mad, and uncertain? So, I told him I'd been good. :) My friend I then went and sat and drank our beers and chatted. She said he couldn't take his eyes off me and every time I went to order a new beer, he would smile at me. It felt great, but I was still so confused. Did he still like me? Are we on the same page? 

At some point my friend and I ended up on the patio. He came over and gave me a longer hug and said we had a lot to talk about. Sure, let's confuse the girl even more!! We flirted here and there the rest of the night. Then I left. 

Thoughout the week I texted him a few times, trying to nail down a time we could talk. He was always working or busy... My friend and I spent a few week day evening at the bar and he said he would try to swing by after work if he got off and I was still there, but we always left before he could. 

All week I was anxious. What had happened? What ALL did we need to talk about. It was almost sickening. I couldn't stop thinking of him. 

Along with all the male drama, I was missing my family. I was the only one not present for my nephews baptism in Iowa. I miss my dad. I miss my grandparents. My mom. My little sister. My best friends. I knew moving would be hard, but some days are harder than others... 

On top of that there's work drama. I'm so bored all the time. People are so rude. Everyone thinks they know everything. There's new changes coming and people on the verge of getting fired. There's so much tension. I just want out.... 

Long story short, this fellow ended up coming to my place late (11 pm) Saturday night so we could hang out and talked. He opened up about everything. Who he is, what he likes to do, what his goals are, what his family is like, family problems, health problems...the whole 9 yards. 

And then we kissed. The most perfect kiss I think I've ever had. 

I told him he needs to communicate with me better and that I like hearing from him. He said he would work on it and it would get better. He stayed the night because it was so late... Don't worry, he slept on the couch. ;) 

In the morning I walked with him to his car and we kissed goodbye. I haven't heard from him since... 

Normally I would be freaking out. But I'm surprisingly calm. Things take time. I truly believe he is interested in me after Saturday night. What guy completely opens up to a girl he's not interested in? He didn't push anything or try anything crazy. I really like him. What's even more crazy is I think about how much my parents, and even grandparents would like him... I have a tendency to count my chickens before they hatch and get way too excited about a guy before anything ever happens and then nothing ever does. I'm hoping this time it's different. I'm hoping his guy is different...

Now time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment